Kirk J. Lewis, M.D.
Dr. Lewis received his undergraduate and medical degrees at the University of Michigan, where he was a two-year captain for Michigan’s football team. He completed his orthopedic surgery residency and fellowship in sports medicine at UCLA. He also sought additional fellowship training in orthopedic trauma in St Gallen, Switzerland, and pediatric orthopedics at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Lewis joined his long time friend and colleague Dr. Wade and the Idaho Sports Medicine Institute in 1985.
Dr. Lewis took a leave from ISMI from 2007-2011 where he was an Associate Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine Fellowship Director at the University of California Davis and a team physician for UC Davis athletics, and the WNBA’s Sacramento Monarchs. He serves on the Idaho Youth Sports Commission Board (IYSC) and continues to actively teach the UC Davis orthopedic residents and their sports medicine fellows.
Dr. Lewis has a strong interest and experience in global health and medical volunteerism.
- Undergrad: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
- Medical School: University of Michigan, Ann Arbor MI
- Internship: UCLA, Los Angeles CA
- Residency: UCLA, Los Angeles CA
- Fellowship/Sports Medicine: UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship/Orthopedic Trauma: St, Gallen Kantonsspital, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Fellowship/Pediatric Orthopedics: UCSF, San Francisico, CA